FMSD Announces Six New Principals to Join Leadership Team in 2017-18 School Year
The newly appointed Principals and their assigned Schools are as follows:
- Ann-Marie Cobarrubias, Bridges Academy: Ann-Marie has served as the Assistant Principal of Bridges Academy for the last two years. During her 13+ years in education, she has taught special education, been a program specialist, and worked in various alternative education environments as an administrator.
- Elizabeth Herbstreith, Captain Jason M. Dahl Elementary: Elizabeth has been a part of the Orcutt Union School District for over 28 years. She began her career in teaching 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grades before becoming the Principal at Ralph Dunlap Elementary School.
- Yvonne Sugimura, George M. Shirakawa Sr. School: Yvonne is a product of Franklin-McKinley Schools, having attended J.W. Fair Middle School. Before beginning her career as the Assistant Principal at Shirakawa, she worked in the classroom as a 3rd grade teacher. During her 11+ years in education, she has taught 1st, 3rd, and 7th grades.
- Tina Ybarra, Los Arboles Literacy & Technology Academy: Tina has served as the Assistant Principal of Sylvandale Middle School for the last two years. During her 20+ years in education, she has taught 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 6th grades within Franklin-McKinley School District.
- Mariana Alvarez, Robert F. Kennedy Elementary: Mariana is a product of Franklin-McKinley Schools, having attended Santee, Meadows, and J.W. Fair Middle School. Before beginning her career as the Assistant Principal of Olinder Elementary, Mariana taught Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th, and 8th grades.
- Amber Andrade, Sylvandale Middle School: Amber has served as the College Connection Academy Principal for the last three years. She began her career in FMSD in 2007 where she taught at McKinley Elementary School. Additionally, she served as the Principal of SUCCESS Academy, and Assistant Principal for Sylvandale Middle School. In her three years at College Connection Academy, the School has been awarded with the Gold Ribbon Award, Golden Bell Award, California Honor Roll, Hoffman Award, and Innovate Public Schools Award.
Superintendent Juan Cruz also added, “We are extremely impressed with our new Principals and the leadership skills they will bring to our Schools. We look forward to the new Principals working together with staff, parents, and their school communities to ensure the best education possible for our students.”