Student Common Dress
No articles of clothing - hats, backpacks, bandanas, hair clips/pins, watches, shoelaces, shoes, tape on clothing that are RED or BLUE will be permitted.
Black, Gray or Denim Bottoms
- Size appropriate/fitted
- No sweatpants/athletic bottoms
- No leggings unless worn under a skirt/dress/shorts
- Shorts hemmed not more than 5 inches above knees
- Belt should not be worn below waist
Black, Gray or White Shirts
- Dress or casual Shirts
- T-Shirts with appropriate logos is acceptable
- Short or long sleeves
- Turtleneck is acceptable
- Clothes with visible underwear
- Tank tops or spaghetti straps
- Gang related clothing or articles (no red/blue)
- Logos or images that depict drugs, alcohol, or any illegal item or activity
- Images and or language that create a hostile or intimidating environment based on any protected class
- Reminder that Sylvandale PE sweatpants are only to be used for PE
- Any color except for shades of red or blue.
- Duct tape straps on the backpack are not allowed.
- No metal or steel-toe shoes
- No slippers or flip-flops/Crocs
- No shades of red or blue shoes or shoelaces
- No Cortez shoes (a shoe created by Nike)
- Socks must be black or white without any shades of blue or red
- Must be white, black, gray
- A solid white, black, or gray shirt must be worn underneath the sweater/sweatshirt
- No hoods may be worn covering the face and head while on campus. Hoods may not be worn in class or inside buildings.
- Hats/Caps may not be worn during school hours. They may be worn outside before and after school. The hats/caps may not have any logos and must be black, gray or white.
- Dress code violations may result in an after-school reflection or potential loss of student eligibility for activities or sports. Parents may be called or loaner provided by the office.